WDYT: Cheltenham Hops into Spring
By Hannah Taylor from #WDYT
Cheltenham had a wonderful – albeit a little rainy start to the spring, and retailers are now looking forward to the warmer weather by sharing their wonderful items via social media. Lots of new season fashion and fun, Spring menus galore, wedding essentials and fresh colours are all giving shoppers reasons to hit the shops, cafes and bars.
As part of our #WDYT campaign, retailers showcase the awesome items they have in store and shoppers get a chance to win their favourite finds – all bringing some social fun to the High Street.
Just a few recent highlights from Cheltenham are...
- Pink Vintage who showcased their enticing cakes.
- Great posts of live music and lots of fun at Smokey Joes, including Fairy Tale Mask Making.
- A reminder to give your website a little TLC for Spring from Nettl Cheltenham.
- Martin & Co Jewellers who bring sparkle to any day with their gorgeous jewellery and watches.
- Poco Culina made us drool with their wonderful Spring menus.
- School House Cafe who offer daily Spring treats.
- Keith Scarrott have tempted us with their Spring footwear collection and we are so excited!
- Chanticleer Brides showcased their exquisite handcrafted wedding dresses and accessories.
- And another happy #WDYT winner, who is the lucky owner of a gorgeous ‘Pomtastic’ Accessorize umbrella – just in time for the April showers!
Cheltenham’s retailers and shoppers have embraced #WDYT, and are part of a growing #WDYT National Campaign that is helping high streets increase their footfall through digital activity. The campaign has seen a flurry of new retailers getting involved and a buzz of social media activity from the town.
All this social activity means Cheltenham is currently the leading town in the UK for Digital Influence, holding strong at 8th place overall in the UK against other larger cities such as Manchester in 7th spot; this represents an increase of fifteen places since February 2017. The town is not only ahead of major cities like Birmingham (9), Sheffield (10), Liverpool (14) and Cardiff (15) but several places higher than comparably sized places like Oxford (28) and Bath (ranked 21).
It’s great having so many retailers and shoppers involved with #WDYT – keep posting tagging #Cheltenham #WDYT. Here’s to Spring sunshine!